Posted on 23 Feb, 2016
Porridge bread is becoming increasingly popular, as many people move away from consuming wheat and gluten. It is so versatile, sweeten it up with cinnamon and banana or spice it up with fennel seeds and turmeric. Porridge bread is a great alternative to your ordinary loaf as is wheat free, gluten free and flour free. Here our take on a simple mixed seed porridge bread.
Mix Seed Porridge Bread
- 300g Porridge Oats (Gluten Free if required)
- 500ml Natural Yogurt
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 tsp Bread Soda
- 2 tablespoons Mixed Seeds (e.g. sunflower, poppy, pumpkin, sesame, chai)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas mark 4
- Add the natural yogurt to a bowl and mix in the beaten egg
- Using the empty yogurt tub, measure two tubs of oats and add to the yogurt mixture and add the mixed seeds, bread soda and salt and gently fold together.
- Pour the bread mixture in a greased loaf tin, sprinkle with seeds & oats, and bake for approx. 35mins (depending on your oven)
- Turn the bread and bake upside-down for another 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and wrap your bread in a clean tea towel, leave cool for 10mins.
Sarah Burke – Digital Marketing Assistant