Finding the best immune support supplement
The immune system is a complex defence mechanism involving many different components. Healthy immune function relies on vital nutrients such as proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. For this reason, it is essential to have a healthy, balanced diet maintain a healthy immune system.
One way you can support immune system health is by using a dietary supplement. Typical immunity supplements contain vitamins and minerals known to help maintain immune system function or are involved in the immune response. Here, we discuss who may benefit from an immunity supplement and what to look out for when choosing a supplement. We will also help you decide whether our Zest Active immunity supplement is for you.
Who are immunity supplements for?
The immune system is active throughout our lives, and it is always essential that it functions correctly. However, there may be certain groups that could particularly benefit from using an immune booster supplement.
- Anyone with a sub-optimal diet or special dietary requirements – a limiting diet could mean that a person is potentially missing out on crucial nutrients required for a healthy immune system. Vegan diets, for example, can be limiting. Alternatively, picky eaters may not be getting enough variety in their diet.
- Busy people with less time to eat well – it's well understood that busy individuals may struggle more with eating a balanced, healthy diet. Being often on the go can leave little time to prepare meals or shop. If you also deal with stress or you are getting inadequate sleep; these factors can also impact the immune system.
The benefits of an immune-support supplement
Dietary supplements are designed to add value to your diet and lifestyle; their purpose is not to replace a healthy, balanced diet or healthy lifestyle. Nonetheless, supplements are a great way to ensure that you consume essential vitamins and minerals daily. Since your immune system is constantly working, it is necessary to continually replenish vital nutrients with a daily supplement.
Supplements are a simple, convenient way to consume your nutrients every day. Simply mix your supplements into water, juice or smoothies, swallow a tablet or chew a gummy; it couldn't be easier to support the immune system this way. Another benefit of a daily supplement is that you can be confident that you are taking controlled nutrient doses, taking out the guesswork or nutrient-tracking apps.
What to look for on an immune support supplement?
Extensive research has narrowed down the field of vitamins and minerals essential for immune health. Here, we explore which vitamins to look for in an immune supplement, how the formula can impact the effectiveness of a supplement and how a combined, all-in-one supplement might be the best option for your lifestyle.
Which vitamins and minerals support immune health?
- Vitamin C contributes to normal immune function. Look for supplements that contain a daily dose of at least 200mg of vitamin C; this is known to maintain the normal function of the immune system in highly active individuals who already meet their daily vitamin C requirements.
- Vitamin D3 contributes normal immune function, and due to urbanisation, indoor lifestyles and other factors, vitamin D deficiencies are globally commonplace. There is evidence that vitamin D deficiency is related to immune suppression.
- Zinc contributes to the normal function of the immune system, and Zinc deficiency affects the cells involved in innate and adaptive immunity.
What is the best formula for an immune supplement?
It is essential to consider a multivitamin supplement since many different vitamins and minerals are involved in maintaining a healthy immune system. Choose a supplement that offers scientifically controlled doses of key immune-supporting ingredients such as vitamin C, vitamin D, Zinc, folate, vitamin B12 and B6.
Additionally, to get the most out of your vitamin supplement, you might want to look for a supplement drink or a powder that can be dissolved in water. A supplement powder or drink may be preferable for effectively delivering nutrients to the body. Immunity tablets or capsules may be limited regarding nutrient absorption and dosage and may contain fillers, binders and casings.
Zest Active immune-support supplements
Choosing the right immune system supplement can be challenging when so many options are available. We have covered the key components to look out for in an immunity support supplement, including the key ingredients, formula and dosage.
If you are looking for a high-quality daily supplement to support a healthy immune system and vitality, you may wish to consider Zest Active. Our orange-flavoured supplement drink contains vitamin C, vitamin D, zinc and other vital nutrients to support healthy immune function. Zest Active also contains L-theanine, L-glutamine.
Each daily Zest Active sachet contains carefully dosed nutrients to support an adult's immune system. Moreover, its powder formula also ensures effective nutrient delivery. Zest active is formulated to help the immune system, aid against tiredness and fatigue, and support cognitive and muscle function.
If you are looking for an all-in-one supplement to support your immune system and busy lifestyle, shop Zest Active today!