Can you improve fatigue and motivation without caffeine? Which energy supplement is best?
A sustained energy level is essential for maintaining physical and mental health as well as maximising productivity and overall quality of life. With sustained energy throughout the day, physical activity becomes more accessible, even without a pre-workout. Mental energy is also just as crucial. Sustained energy helps improve focus and motivation to complete tasks. Many of us rely on caffeine to get through a workout or workday, but there could be a better way to improve energy levels.
This article will discuss how to boost energy levels without caffeine and where to start with an energy supplement. We cover which vitamins and minerals are best for improving energy levels and how to boost motivation and mental energy through nutrition. Finally, we summarise the key features of Revive Active’s energy supplement range to help you choose a supplement.
Click on a link to jump to that section:
Ditch the caffeinated pre-workout supplement; look for a vitamin supplement alternative.
We discuss the top vitamins and minerals to boost energy production, fight fatigue and support movement.
Here, we outline supplement ingredients to target low energy and mental fatigue to help improve motivation.
Compare Revive Active’s vitamin, antioxidant and amino acid supplement range for optimal performance
Finding the best caffeine-free energy supplement
Most of us rely on caffeine for a quick pick-me-up when feeling fatigued. Caffeine intake stimulates our nervous system and temporarily increases alertness, mental performance and reduces the feeling of fatigue. However, after the short-lived effects of coffee or energy drinks wear off, you could feel even more fatigued.
In fact, those who drink coffee and energy drinks see no long-term cognitive and fatigue reduction benefits compared to non-coffee drinkers. You may want to consider why you feel fatigued in the first place and address this before turning to caffeine and sugary energy drinks.
Several factors, such as sleep deprivation, stress, depression, menopause and a sedentary lifestyle can cause fatigue. Alternatively, a diet lacking specific vitamins, minerals and amino acids may contribute to excess tiredness. This is where caffeine-free supplements can support energy levels more sustainably with vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
Which vitamins boost energy and fight fatigue?
When choosing a vitamin supplement for boosting energy, you will want to pay attention to the following vitamins and minerals.
- B vitamins – we require eight B vitamins for optimal health: Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Biotin, Folic Acid and Vitamin B12. A vitamin B12 supplement is essential for vegans since the risk of a deficiency is high. Many B vitamins are essential for fighting fatigue and boosting energy levels.
- Magnesium – this vitamin contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue and has many exercise performance benefits. The most bioavailable form is magnesium bisglycinate.
- Vitamin C – one of the most crucial vitamins, vitamin C, contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, reducing tiredness and fatigue and normal psychological and and nerve function.
- Vitamin D – the sunshine vitamin contributes to normal muscle function and cell division.
- Copper - this mineral contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, nervous system function and iron transport around the body.
- Manganese – contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
To support cellular energy as you reach late adulthood, you also could consider a coenzyme Q10 supplement.
Read more about supplements for fighting fatigue.
What should you look for in a vitamin supplement to boost motivation?
Motivation will come and go; however, it can be tough to feel motivated to complete tasks if you are mentally exhausted. We can also lack motivation for mindset and psychological reasons, which you can read about in our motivation supplement guide.
- Sleep deprivation or fatigue
- Mental clarity/brain fog
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Over-exercising (under-recovering)
- A poor diet
Firstly, address any physiological factors causing a lack of motivation; get adequate sleep every night and exercise regularly. Also, ensure you eat enough and limit caffeine consumption in the afternoon/evening. You could also consider a super supplement to boost your natural energy levels. The following vitamins contribute to the reduction of tiredness & fatigue.
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin C
Which Revive Active super supplement is the best for energy?
Revive Active UK has several super supplement blends to support sustained energy levels without caffeine. Our top supplements are Revive Active and Zest Active, but we also offer Mastermind, Meno Active and Ubiquinol Coenzyme Q10 for an energy boost.
- Zest Active - supports energy, cognitive performance, muscle function and immunity and contains 25 active ingredients, including amino acids, choline, vitamins and minerals. We recommend Zest Active for adults with busy, active lifestyles.
- Revive Active - supports energy, heart health and immunity; it contains 26 active ingredients, including amino acids, vitamins and minerals and coenzyme Q10. We recommend Revive Active for adults over 35 looking for a comprehensive wellness supplement.
- Mastermind - supports cognitive and nervous function and contains 11 active ingredients, including b vitamins, vitamin D, omega-3, choline and uridine. We recommend mastermind for students (16+) or young professionals looking to optimise mental performance or productivity.
- Meno Active - supports hormonal function, energy, nervous function and brain function. It contains 31 active ingredients, three of which are plant extracts. Other ingredients include, vitamins, minerals, live-friendly bacteria and digestive enzymes. The daily menopause supplement consists of a daily capsule and a powdered supplement drink.
- Ubiquinol Coenzyme Q10 - supports normal cellular energy. We recommend this liquid capsule supplement for older adults looking for vitality and an energy boost.
What to read next
The best caffeine-free energy supplement
Choosing the best supplement for fighting fatigue
The best energy supplement for athletes and runners
- Caffeine, fatigue, and cognition
- Effects of caffeine on performance and mood: withdrawal reversal is the most plausible explanation
- What are the Important Risk Factors for Daytime Sleepiness and Fatigue in Women?
- Determinants of fatigue and stress
- A Randomized Controlled Trial of the Effect of Aerobic Exercise Training on Feelings of Energy and Fatigue in Sedentary Young Adults with Persistent Fatigue
- Unique Aspects of Sleep in Women
- Vitamins and Minerals for Energy, Fatigue and Cognition: A Narrative Review of the Biochemical and Clinical Evidence
- Can Magnesium Enhance Exercise Performance?
- Bioavailability of magnesium food supplements: A systematic review
- Biochemical Functions of Coenzyme Q10