The Perfect Bank Holiday Sweet Treat Recipe 🍫🐣
This bank holiday, why not bake a sweet treat for you and your family to enjoy! Bank Holidays are for relaxing and treating yourself, and what better way than an Easter-themed chocolate sponge cake.
This Easter chocolate sponge cake is simple to make and perfect to get the whole family involved and can be enjoyed for days afterwards (If it lasts that long 😅)
150ml sunflower oil, plus extra for the tin
165g golden caster sugar
165g self-raising flour
3tbsp cocoa powder
1tsp bicarbonate soda
Chocolate Fudge icing:
100g Milk or dark chocolate (add chocolate or Easter egg broken up)
100g butter softened
100g icing sugar
100g Easter treats (chocolate eggs, sweets, chocolate bar pieces)
- Heat the oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas 4. Add Oil and line a baking tray tin.
- Put the oil, sugar, eggs and milk in a bowl and whisk until mixed well. Sieve over the flour, cocoa and bicarb and stir until mixed.
- Pour mixture into the tin and bake for 20-25mins until the cake is well risen.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool fully.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of boiling water. Make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together until fluffy, then drizzle in the chocolate. Add the icing over the top of the cake.
- Then for the best part, add Easter treats on top!